Principal’s coffee on Sept. 28 at 7:30 a.m. Sign in at the office and then meet Mr. Hilgers for a casual discussion about opportunities for your child at MBHS.
PACIFIC BEACH MIDDLE SCHOOL
• Tour of PBMS: learn about PB Middle School on a tour set for Thursday, Oct. 4 at 8 a.m. The tour starts in the PBMS library and lasts about 2 1/2 hours. Refreshments will be provided. Parking is available in Felspar Street parking lot.
• PBMS representatives will be at BeachFest in Pacific Beach on Saturday, Oct. 6. There will be volunteers to answer questions about the international baccalaureate program.
• The PBMS Book Fair runs through Friday, Sept. 28 from 5 to 6 p.m. Visit the Book Fair homepage at http://bookfairs.scholastic.-com/homepage/pbms. Online shopping is available until Oct. 9. Online orders will be shipped free directly to PBMS after the fair.
• PBMS has a variety of clubs that meet after school, including girls’ volleyball team (Mondays through Wednesdays from 2:20 to 3:20 p.m.); and Builders Club (Thursdays from 2:20 to 3:20 p.m.). Visit the PBMS website at http://www.sandi.net/pbmiddle for more information about all PBMS afterschool clubs.
• The Friends of Kate Sessions kicked off its Education & Enrichment Contribution Drive on Sunday, Sept. 16th at the 2nd annual “Day at the Bay” event. Thanks to the generous support of the Mission Bay Sportcenter, students, parents and staff enjoyed a day of kayaking, paddleboarding, sailing and swimming. The contribution drive runs through Sept. 28. To make a donation, email email@example.com.
• Kate Sessions has partnered with the Center for World Music to bring a new comprehensive World Music in the Schools Program to its students. For the next few months, students will be learning traditional music and dance from Veracruz, Mexico and Kenya.
• Friends of Pacific Beach Elementary (FOPBE) will host a meet-and-greet event on Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 5:30 p.m. in Room 9. All are welcome to learn about the school’s enrichment programs and volunteer opportunities. Childcare will be provided.
• PBE will host its famous “Crazy Hair” booth at BeachFest in Pacific Beach on Saturday, Oct. 6. Stop by for some colorful hairspray and information about PBE.
CROWN POINT JMA
• Coffee with principal Duvall on Friday, Oct. 5 from 8 to 9 a.m. Learn about the school, ask questions and sign up to volunteer for upcoming events.
• Crown Point Junior Music Academy will participate in BeachFest in Pacific Beach from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. to explain what CPJMA has to offer.
Picture Day is Tuesday, Oct. 9.
• Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools (FOPBSS) will hold the third annual Ducky Derby at BeachFest in Pacific Beach on Saturday, Oct. 6 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Purchase a $5 duck (or several) for the big race. At 5 p.m., all duckies will be placed into the ocean and the first ones to “swim” to shore will win prizes. All profits go to FOPBSS to support Pacific Beach Middle School and Mission Bay High School. Ducks can be purchased with cash or check payable to FOPBSS at BeachFest.
• FOPBSS’ annual Contribution Drive is in full swing. All donations are tax deductible. To donate online, visit FOPBSS.org, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MISSION BAY CLUSTER COMMITTEE
The Mission Bay Cluster will have its next open meeting Thursday, Oct. 4 at 6 p.m. at Mission Bay High School.