• MBHS tour — Thursday, Jan. 23, 8 a.m. Join the tour and learn about the International Baccalaureate program and all of the great changes happening at MBHS. Check in at the front office and meet in the library.
• Open enrollment — applications for the 2014-15 school year are being accepted online or at the district office. The enrollment period for 2014-15 school choice runs through Feb. 15. Visit the enrollment options web page for the application and other materials.
• Congratulations to MBHS wrestling team members Joshua Pruitt and Jabbar Belin for winning fifth-place medals at the San Ysidro J.V. Wrestling Tournament on Jan. 4.
Pacific Beach Middle School
• Campus tour for prospective parents — Thursday, Jan. 23 and Thursday, Feb. 6, 8 to 10:30 a.m. Learn about the International Baccalaureate program, award-winning physical education and music departments, language courses and extra-curricular activities. Check in at the front office and meet in the upstairs media center.
• IB Math, Science and Design Night for elementary fifth-graders and PBMS families — Tuesday, Jan. 28, 6 p.m. Meet in the upstairs media center.
• Have you liked our Facebook page yet? Find us at www.face-book.com/pbmiddle and stay up to date on all that is happening at PBMS.
• Afterschool jazz, hip-hop, Latin, African dance and break dancing, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. — Sixth-graders meet on Tuesdays while seventh- and eighth-graders meet on Thursdays beginning Jan. 28 for classes instructed by Joshua Benjamin, who has performed on MTV and ABC Family. Bring cash or money orders to the PBMS front office ($25/month or $40 for two months) by Jan. 28 to sign up. For more information, call principal Ernest Remillard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Congratulations to the PBMS Music Department for winning first place in the Marching Band Division in the PB Holiday Parade.
Barnard Asian Pacific Language Academy
Barnard Asian Pacific Language Academy will welcome the Lunar New Year (Year of the Horse) with a community celebration on Saturday, Feb. 1, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. All are invited to the school’s first new year celebration at its new location in Pacific Beach. Festivities will include a carnival, performances by various San Diego Asian performance groups, food from Panda Express and much more. The school is located at 2445 Fogg St.
Mission Bay High School Alumni Association
Start your spring cleaning early with a huge rummage sale at the Seaside Farmers Market on Saturday, Feb. 15. Bring items to the market to sell, where, for $10, you can reserve a parking spot-size area to offer your items. To reserve your spot(s), email Cori Meara at email@example.com.
DonorNation comes to PB
Through DonorNation, an online marketplace, a percentage of everything you buy goes to your school at point of purchase. To benefit your school of choice, purchase Seaside Farmers Market’s Beach Bucks at www.donor-nation.com. Click on your school and purchase Beach Bucks, which can be used as cash at any of the booths at the farmers market. Fifteen percent of the purchase amount immediately gets put into the school’s account. Just bring your voucher to the information booth at the Seaside Farmers Market, exchange it for Beach Bucks and shop. On Saturday, Feb. 22, the principal from the school that has sold the most Beach Bucks will get to go into the DonorNation Money Machine to grab money for their school.