- The MBHS varsity football team won their home opener 36-13 against West Hills High School in front of a full house under the new lights on the new field. Students, parents, and future students showed their "Buc Pride" cheering on the MBHS Buccaneers. Mark your calendars for the next home game, Sept. 25, against Kearny High.
- Get a Head Start on College Admissions. La Jolla LearningWorks is offering free SAT practice tests for incoming high school juniors and seniors on Saturday, Sept. 19, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., at La Jolla Riford Library, 7555 Draper Ave. Registration deadline is Sept. 16. Contact La Jolla LearningWorks at (858) 456-4569 for more information.
Pacific Beach Middle
- Walk and roll to PBMS. Save gas and oil and take action for a better, healthier planet by committing to walking or rolling to school at least one day per week. Bicycle and skateboard lockers are available. Ride together, always wear a helmet, and follow a PB Pathways route near you.
- Great things are happening at Pacific Beach Elementary, which is now on Facebook. Search and “like” Friends of Pacific Beach Elementary and get the most current information on your Facebook feed.
- Coffee with the Principal on Friday, Sept. 11 in the Crown Point Junior Music Academy auditorium beginning at 7:45 a.m. Join them for some coffee, donuts and conversation.
- Monday, Sept. 14 - YMCA PE Play program begins at CPJMA.
Mission Bay Cluster
- The first Mission Bay Cluster meeting of the new school year is 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 10, in the Mission Bay High School library. The Mission Bay Cluster is an organization that represents the six public schools in the Pacific Beach area, PB Elementary, Sessions Elementary, Crown Point Junior Music Academy, Barnard Asian Pacific Language Academy, Pacific Beach Middle and Mission Bay High. They meet once a month to:
Share ideas and resources to improve academic performance and enrichment opportunities at all six schools;
Identify common goals for K through 12;
Build bridges between schools and ease transitions;
Promote the outstanding programs at all six schools; and
Have a unified voice when working with the San Diego Unified School District.
Join the Facebook group Mission Bay Cluster of Pacific Beach Schools to learn more about the MB Cluster.
- Looking for a way to help PBMS or MBHS? Join in on the conversation at the next Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools meeting 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 23, in the Mission Bay High library.