- Your input is valuable. Community members are invited to share ideas on future construction projects to modernize PB Middle. Please attend PB Middle’s Whole Site Modernization Task Force Meeting 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 29, in the PB Middle Library, upstairs media center.
- PBMS annual Holiday Toy Drive will run from Nov. 28 – Dec. 9. Students may bring new, unwrapped toys to their fifth-period classrooms. The classroom that collects the most toys, wins a trip to Belmont Park. Thank you to Belmont Park for supporting the PB community and donating the trip.
- PBE students celebrate their successful Turkey Trot jog-a-thon while still gathering donations to raise money for school programs.
- Come check out our annual Missoula Children’s Theater production of “Rumpelstiltskin” on Saturday, Dec. 3, with show times at 2:30 and 5:30 p.m.
- Looking to get in the holiday spirit? Bring new, unwrapped toys to the PBE office for a toy drive benefitting needy families in the San Diego area starting Nov. 28 thru Dec. 9.
- Kate Sessions Elementary is hosting a Holiday Craft Fair and Pancake Breakfast with Santa on Saturday, Dec. 3. The craft fair is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Breakfast with Santa is 9 to 11 a.m. Join in on this this community event featuring a BBQ, bake sale, entertainment and unique holiday gifts.
- Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools meeting will be 6 p.m. Nov. 30. Pacific Beach Middle School media center.
Mission Bay Cluster
- Schoolyard Dash 5K and Kids Mile Fun Run 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 29. Join friends and neighbors for some friendly competition or casual exercise while raising money for Mission Bay High and Pacific Beach Middle schools. Enjoy local entertainment, food, and a vendor village. Register at www.schoolyarddash.org.
- U.S. News and World Report has named UCSD the 15th-best university in the world, up four spots compared to last year, in the third annual global rankings. The campus was recently ranked as the fourth-best public university in the U.S.
on the list of the world’s top 1,000 colleges. The rankings measure factors such as research, global and regional reputation, international collaboration as well as number of highly-cited papers and doctorates awarded.