- The first day of school starts at 7:25 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 27. Remember that "Uniforms Unify Us" and students should wear solid navy, white, or khaki tops and bottoms.
Crown Point Elementary
- The Back to School Resource Fair will take place 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday Aug. 23. Meet teachers, sign up for after-school clubs, learn more about the Suzuki violin and music programs, and sign up to be a part of the PTO. Local food trucks will provide food for purchase and community groups will provide helpful information at their booths. Visit sandi.net/crownpoint to learn more about the school.
Barnard Mandarin Magnet Elementary
- Barnard Mandarin Magnet Elementary School will hold a new parent orientation and back to school ice cream social 2 p.m. on Aug. 24. Parents and students will have the opportunity to say “hello” to old friends, welcome new ones (including four classes of kindergarten students, one transitional kindergarten class, and one preschool class), and learn about the many after-school child care and enrichment programs offered at the school. Parents are invited to stay with the PTA after drop-off on the first day of school for free coffee, donuts, and sympathy or celebration with fellow parents.
For information on Barnard Elementary, or the District’s School Choice program, visit sandiegounified.org/barnard. The Choice application window for the 2019-2020 school year will open between Oct. 1 and Nov. 13 of this year.
Pacific Beach Elementary
- PBE is holding orientation for new students 1 to 2 p.m. on Aug. 24 in the school auditorium. New students will meet Principal Goulart and hear about all that PBE has to offer. Kindergarten and TK kids and families will have the chance to see the kinder area. The orientation will be followed by a fun meet and greet play date at Kate Sessions Park from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. for kinder and TK families, with ice cream for the kids.
- PBE will also hold its Back to School Night on Sept. 6 for families to learn what is in store this school year. The school's parent teacher organization, Friends of Pacific Beach Elementary, also recently introduced a new corporate sponsorship policy.
Any local businesses interested in participating can contact FOPBE's fundraising vice presidents, Kristen Everett at [email protected] or Summer Crabtree at [email protected]
Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools
- Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools is a joint Parent Teacher Organization nonprofit corporation for both Pacific Beach Middle and Mission Bay High schools. The FOPBSS board of directors consists of teachers, principals and parents from both schools. For more information, contact [email protected]