- MBHS presents the Spaghetti Dinner and Trivia Challenge to benefit the MBHS aquatics program. Join in the fun with trivia games, opportunity drawings, delicious food, and a no-host bar 6 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 11 at Mission Bay Yacht Club. $25 per person. Contact Bonnie Franklin for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MBHS New Orleans Fundraiser will take place 7-10 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15 at Pacific Beach Women's Club. Enjoy a night of music food, and dancing as Sue Palmer (Queen of Boogie Woogie) joins the Mission Bay Preservationists. All funds raised help the Preservationists travel to New Orleans in April. And bring your appetite because chef Carlos is cooking up his paella. For more information, visit missionbaymusic.com/events.
- Directed by Joey Landwehr at the David and Dorothea Garfield Theatre in La Jolla, Mission Bay students Kai Bengston and Meriana Merlos, in her first JCompany production, will sing and dance in “Mamma Mia,” featuring the ABBA hits you know. The show runs Jan. 11-26, with showtimes Saturday nights at 8 p.m. and Sundays at noon and 3:30 p.m. Tickets are available at the box office or at jcompanysd.org. School shows are offered for class field trips on Jan. 10 and 17 with reservations. Promo code: TAKEACHANCE2020 for $3 off regularly priced tickets.
Pacific Beach Middle
- Missoula Children's Theatre presents Jack and the Beanstalk, will take place 3 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18 in the PBMS auditorium. Enjoy a musical performance by students from all of the Mission Bay Cluster schools.
Pacific Beach Elementary
- Thank you to the California Sock Co. for gifting socks to every student at PBE. Their wish was to make sure all children received a gift for the holidays. Be sure and stop by their store on Garnet Avenue to say thanks.
Crown Point Junior Music Academy
- CPJMA School Wellness Family Fitness Expo will take place 3-6 p.m Wednesday, Jan. 15 in the auditorium. CPJMA's School Wellness Committee invites community families and friends to their free first annual Family Fitness Expo to visit resource tables, demos, and family-friendly activities.
- The next Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools meeting will be 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22 at PBMS library.
- Join FOPBSS on Sunday, Feb. 23 for the seventh annual Schoolyard Dash 5K and 1-Mile Kids Fun Run. Run, walk, or just enjoy the morning at De Anza Cove on Mission Bay. The 5K run/walk benefits Pacific Beach Middle and Mission Bay High schools through the joint parent-teacher organization, Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools. Register at raceroster.com.