• PB Middle School has gotten a makeover. If you haven’t seen it already, PBMS has received a beautiful new paint job in the colors of khaki, cream and navy. The school, handball courts and annex building look fresh and clean, thanks to Proposition S and Z funding. Additional improvements are expected in the coming years.
• Congratulations to the PBMS surf team known as The PB Locals for receiving three team trophies. The team earned first-place honors in team coed body boarding, third place in team boys’ shortboard bodyboard and fourth place in team boys’ longboard. Nicolas Campagna earned first place in individual coed bodyboarding and Jakob Osland earned fifth place individual longboard honors.
• A big thank you to the Mission Beach Women's Club for the generous donation of $500 to the PBMS surf team called The PB Locals. It will be a big help for the 2013-14 season.
MISSION BAY HIGH
• Thank you Seaside Farmers Market for Improving Mission Bay High. The main goal for the Mission Bay High Alumni Association in initiating the new farmers market was to support MBHS with programs and improvements. So far, the association has funded beautiful murals outside of the new MBHS weight room and at the west entrance to the campus.
• The Mission Bay High School weight room was completely redone with state-of-the-art equipment, thanks to a $75,000 Chargers Foundation grant. Additionally, to improve ventilation in the room, the Mission Bay High Alumni Association was asked by athletic director Jorge Palacios for assistance with purchasing industrial fans in the new weight room. Thanks to the Seaside Farmer's Market, the alumni were excited to say “yes.” The $3,700 worth of new fans in the weight room will be installed and running by the time school starts. Now we have an amazing weight room that 100 percent of the students at MBHS will enjoy for years to come. Please continue to support the market by telling friends and neighbors, and make sure to come every Saturday for lunch, fresh fruits, veggies, eggs and amazing artisan creations.
SWING INTO ACTION
Shore Point Realty’s Alex Rojas will sponsor the Swing 4 Schools Charity Golf Tournament at Riverwalk Golf Course on Sept. 13 and 100 percent of the proceeds benefit PB schools. For more details and to register online, visit spresd.com/swing-for-schools-golf-tournament. Thank you Alex Rojas and Shore Point Realty!
MBHS, PBMS FUNDRAISERS
• Sports Chalet: Shop at any Sport Chalet retail store or at Sport-Chalet.com and enter your registered “action pass” number or sign up for a new “action pass.” You and Mission Bay High will each earn 3.33 percent back. That means you will earn a $10 retail reward certificate for every $300 spent and your school will earn a $10 team sales credit for each $300 spent. Open a new “action pass” number at your local store or visit www.sport-chalet.com/actionpassreg.
• eScrip Vons and Macy’s Shopping cards: Sign up with eScrip and earn $150 annually for PB Middle School or Mission Bay High. It only requires a few minutes to register your grocery club card number and earn cash donations! Log on to www.eScrip.com and enter the group I.D. (MBHS 500000199), (PBMS 141983371). You can also register your debit and credit cards and shop with participating eScrip merchants at www.eScrip.com.