Children’s Lifeline International is a program of doctors and nurses who donate their services to Third World countries for surgeries, neonatal care and clinical missions. For more information, visit www.childrens-lifeline.org
Emma Jane held its grand opening on Aug. 23 with owners Jennifer Alexander and Jessica Homer. The duo recently bought Cecilia Boutique in Mission Hills, renamed it emma jane, and then decided to open a second location in La Jolla.
The duo has combined their skills for the venture — Alexander is a graduate of the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising and Homer is a professional hair stylist. The charming boutique carries a variety of fashion-forward styles, and the opening event featured a fashion show showcasing their trendy clothes. The finale showed the debut of emma jane bridal from Nicole Miller Bridal. The shop is located at 7643 Girard Ave., Suite C, and hours are Mondays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Fashion Week San Diego held a press conference at Roppongi Restaurant on Aug. 26 to present the upcoming event and share a preview of designer collections. Twenty-six designers from around the world presented a sneak preview of some of their creations.
For the schedule of events during Fashion Week, visit fashionweeksd.com, or to purchase tickets visit fashionweeksd.eventbrite.com.
• Sept. 13 — Exhibit Ambush Phase 2 pop-up show: 7 to 9 p.m., 2971 Beech St.
• Sept. 19 — The Arc of San Diego annual fashion show, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Elks Lodge, 1450 East Washington Ave., El Cajon. (619) 258-6725
• Sept. 22 — 12:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., FGI San Diego Polo-Little Black Dress event and fashion show. fgilittleblackdresspolo.eventbrite.com.
• Sept. 28 — Ninth annual STRUT! for Sobriety, Marriott Marquis & Marina, includes a boutique, luncheon, Path to Recovery Awards and fashion show. strutforsobriety.eventbrite.ca
• Sept. 30 through Oct. 6 — San Diego Fashion Week, Port Pavilion Broadway Pier, www.fashionweeksd.com.