This year marks the 53rd year the group of young ladies from Point Loma and Mission Hills have been singing and dancing on behalf of local charities as part of the group’s mission.
MADCAPS’ annual show caps a year in which the young ladies in grades 7-12 will contribute more than 20,000 volunteer hours and raise more than $40,000 for charities selected by each class.
This year’s theme of “Lights, Camera, Dance!” will be presented in the auditorium at Correia Middle School, 4302 Valeta St., for the three-day run — a team effort between the girls, mothers and community members who volunteer time and expertise to assist with the production.
Major production costs for the show are underwritten by local businesses and community members. The preview show begins at 7 p.m. with other shows on March 8 at 8 p.m. and March 9 at 2 and
Tickets for the March 8 and 9 shows be available online beginning Feb. 11 at the club’s website, www.madcaps.us. Tickets for the March 7 preview will be sold at the door.
The charities selected by each class are as follows:
• St. Vincent de Paul and Children’s Hospital (class of 2018);
• Loma Portal Head Start Program (2017);
• City Park & Rec. Department and Therapeutic Recreational Services (2016);
• YMCA Shelter School (Becky’s House) and A.R.T.S. (A Reason To Survive) (2015);
• Senior Olympics, Bayside Community Center and P.A.C.E (2014); and
• Habitat for Humanity, American Cancer Society and San Diego River Park Foundation and Discovery Shop (2013).
For more information, visit the website.