February had Valentine's Day and April has Easter, but March will feature the Pizarro Brothers with special guest Alison Bell of Fate by Friday at Barons Market. The kids play dueling grand pianos and are amazing entertainers. Join us for music, food and fun from noon to 1:30 p,m. at Barons Market, located at 4001 W. Point Loma Blvd. For more information, call (619) 319-7969.
SUNDAY, March 16
• Animal lovers will have a chance to bring home a new loving pet during an Ocean Beach pet-adoption event set to take place at Shades Oceanfront Bistro from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The event will present puppies, dogs, kittens and cats from the San Diego Humane Society, Second Chance Dog Rescue, San Diego Spaniel Rescue and Almost Home Animal Rescue. Shades is located at 5083 Santa Monica Ave. For more information, email email@example.com or Elkie Wills at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Organist Robert Bates will perform a concert on the stunning Baroque-style pipe organ at All Souls' Episcopal Church at 4 p.m. Bates is the professor of organ at the Moores School of Music at the University of Houston, and is considered one of the deans of American organ playing and teaching. Admission is free, but a $5 donation is suggested. No one is turned away. A complimentary reception follows. The church is located at 1475 Catalina Blvd. For more information, email email@example.com , or call (619) 223-6394., ext. 13.
WEDNESDAY, March 19
Point Loma Republican Women Federated monthly luncheon meeting will be held at 10 a.m. at the Point Loma Cafe , 4865 Harbor Drive. The program features speaker Darcy Brandon, whose topic is “Revealing Common Core, The Battle For Our Children's Education.” A no-host lunch follows. Call Marilyn at (619) 222-9532 for more information.
THURSDAY, March 20
AARP will host a safe-driving class on in the Rankin Room at 1475 Catalina Blvd. from noon to 4 p.m. The session must be completed in order to complete the course. Learn the current rules of the road, defensive driving techniques and how to operate your vehicle more safely in today's increasingly challenging driving environment. Register by calling (619) 641-7020.
SATURDAY, March 22
• The American Academy of Pediatrics CA-Chapter 3 (AAPCA3) will hold its fifth annual “Read and Romp” event from 9 a.m. to noon at the McMillin Event Center at Liberty Station. The family-friendly fundraiser encourages parents to read to their children and promotes a love of reading. Proceeds benefit the pediatric literacy program Reach Out and Read San Diego, a program of the local AAP chapter. The cost is $15 per person or $50 for a family of four, which includes admission, activity tables, a character meet-and-greet, storytelling, music, dancing and continental breakfast. To register, visit www.rorsd.org.
• The Ocean Beach Historical Society will host its 20th anniversary with anannual Wisteria Garden Party at
1 p.m. at 4761 Niagara Ave. A minimum suggested donation is $10 for members, $15 for non-members and $25 membership, plus admission, which includes an opportunity drawing ticket. Spend the afternoon in the garden of a historic Wisteria Cottage under the largest wisteria canopy in Ocean Beach. Tasty treats and live music by local Billy Lee and his band. For more information, visit obhistory.wordpress.com.
• The Friends of the Library, Ocean Beach branch will host its “First of the Year” book sale from 9:30 a.m. to
12:30 p.m. at the library, located at 4801 Santa Monica Ave
WEDNESDAY, March 26
The Point Loma/Hervey Branch Library will be host to a free presentation by Road Scholar Ambassador Jull Swaim, who will discuss the world’s leading nonprofit educational travel organization. Road Scholar is the name for programs created by Elderhostel, Inc. The presentation takes place at the library, located at 3701 Voltaire St., at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call (619) 531-1539.
FRIDAY, March 28
Bethany Lutheran Church in Ocean Beach will host another offering in its annual Holy Trinity Concert Series, this time featuring the dynamic up-and-coming Irish band FullSet, which was nominated for Best New Irish CD in the 2013 Irish Music Awards. The concert takes place at Bethany Lutheran Church, 2051 Sunset Cliffs Blvd. at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $23. For reservations and more information, call (619) 222-0365, or email concerts@holytrinityob.-com.
SUNDAY, March 30
Brunch with blues music by Robin Henkel and Billy Watson from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Humphreys Backstage Lounge, 2241 Shelter Island Drive. Brunch is $43.50. For more information, call (619) 224-3411.