Pacific Beach resident G. Pasha Turley won an honorable-mention award recently in the ninth annual Digital Art and Photography Show at St. Mark’s United Methodist Church.
Turley’s winning en-try was a digital canvas print entitled “Quiet Dreams.” The show’s theme was “Creation Continues.”
The show placed 33 works on view that were created by 16 artists. The juror was award-winning graphic artist Randall Cornish.
Local girls honored with leadership awards
Seven young ladies from Pacific Beach Middle School, one from Mission Bay High and another from High Tech High in Point Loma were honored with distinction recently during the annual Jenna Druck Foundation “Spirit of Leadership” awards gala and leadership conference.
Each year, hundreds of extraordinary San Diego County middle school and high school-age girls are nominated by the community to receive the “Spirit of Leadership” award.
Among the awards to be handed out are those in the areas of community leadership, student leadership, academic leadership, creative leadership, athletic leadership, family leadership, personal integrity and the “undiscovered leader.”
Award recipients include:
• Jasmine Smith, Mission Bay High
• Jessica Coyne, High Tech High
• Myka Green, Pacific Beach Middle School
• Alex Briski, PB Middle international baccalaureate program
• Serena Castro, PB Middle international baccalaureate program
• Katrina Eisenhardt, PB Middle international baccalaureate program
• Ciara Gray, PB Middle international baccalaureate program
• Maddie Tandy, PB Middle international baccalaureate program
• Martina Pulido, PB Middle international baccalaureate program and
• Jessica Coyne, PB Middle international baccalaureate program
The Jenna Druck Center was founded by Dr. Ken Druck in honor of the life of his daughter, Jenna, who passed away when she was just 21. In celebration of Jenna’s commitment to leadership and positive change, the Spirit of Leadership program was established.
The Spirit of Leadership Conference is one of the highlights of this year-round program, and just one of many ways in which the Center gives back to the young girls in our community.
For more information on the Jenna Druck Foundation and the “Spirit of Leadership” awards, visit www.jennadruckcenter.org.