• The Mission Bay High School Jazz Ensemble, the “Preservationists” will travel to New Orleans April 19-22. The MBHS performance group will play at its legendary namesake venue Preservation Hall. This special four-day visit is an incredible opportunity for the talented musicians at MBHS to experience sights and sounds of the birthplace of jazz. To support the groups efforts or learn more about Mission Bay High School Music, visit www.missionbaymusic.com
• A monthly vaccine clinic is offered the second Tuesday of every month at Mission Bay High School by the county Health Department. The clinic is held in the auditorium of the school from 8 to 11 a.m. Vaccines are available for students who are accompanied by an adult, as well as parents, staff and residents. Bring your vaccination card if you possess one. For more information, call school nurse Diane Bladel at (858) 273-1313, ext. 121.
MB HIGH CLUSTER
April 2-6, spring break vacation for all schools
PACIFIC BEACH MIDDLE
• PB Middle School will host a group of Malaysian education officials on March 29. The Malaysians are on a tour of successful international baccalaureate schools in Southern California and Pacific Beach International Baccalaureate World School made the list of “schools to see.” For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Earth Week events:
April 12 – Trash Tarp Toss. International baccalaureate students in the PB Middle Eco Club will collect and sort the trash generated at PB Middle in one day at lunch. How much trash do we generate in one lunch? How can we tackle our trash problem? These questions and more will be answered during this Earth Day Exploration.
April 13 – Waves of Green PB Middle Student Garden Harvest Day. Students are invited to sample organic salad harvested by the IB Garden Club students in the PB Middle Waves of Green organic and ocean-friendly student garden. For more information, email Skaufman@sandi.net.
April 18 – PB Student Beach Cleanup,
1 to 3 p.m. on Law Street. Inspired by IB units that teach students to take action, groups include the Sessions Elementary Walk to the Park ecology club, PB Middle Kiwanis Builders Clubber Nicholas Campagna, Trader Joe’s, etc. are planning a large-scale beach cleanup for students of all ages. For more information, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CROWN POINT JMA
• Crown Point Junior Music Academy students enjoyed international visitors during the PTA's celebration of Dr. Seuss’ birthday. The English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC) hosted library time with Read Across America and the World Day. Students were treated to stories in Tagalog, Punjab, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, German, Indonesian, Farsi and Indian.
• CPJMA thanks the PB Town Council for graciously donating $500 to the school. These funds go toward educational and enrichment programs for the students. CPJMA thanks the PBTC for the financial support and kindness they extend during our visits.
• April 13 — Coffee with Principal Liz Duvall at 8 a.m.. All are encouraged to attend.
• April 21 — CPJMA annual 5th Grade Rummage Sale, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Public welcome to sell. Call the school office at (858) 273-9830 to reserve a spot on the playground in which to sell your personal goods. Keep the profits you make!
PACIFIC BEACH ELEMENTARY
• Friends of Pacific Beach Elementary (FOPBE) will hold its monthly meeting on April 11 at 6 p.m. in Room 9. All welcome. Childcare will be provided.
• The Pacific Beach Elementary Spring Dance will be April 13 from 6 to
8 p.m. in the school auditorium. The students and parents will enjoy kid friendly music and snacks at this PBE community school event.