On Saturday, April 27, visitors will see waterfalls, outdoor rooms and whimsical and remarkable gardening enhancements on the tour’s 12th annual installment. The focus this year is on gardens designed and tended by homeowners.
Participants will have the chance to walk through and view the gardens at their leisure from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with water and portable toilets available along the route. In addition to the tour, guests can visit the garden boutique, where local artisans will sell their unique creations — everything from garden furniture and outdoor accessories to birdhouses and potting benches made from salvaged wood and more.
For those looking to be pampered, there is the Dana Diamond Tour, during which guests will be personally shuttled from home to home for private tours of the gardens. Diamond Tour participants will also receive a specialty gift bag and a gourmet lunch, served in a garden that is not included on the regular tour.
Proceeds from the Garden Walk benefit Craniofacial Services at Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego, the area’s only hospital dedicated solely to pediatrics and craniofacial services, which treats complex disorders of the face and skull, including cleft lip and palate.
Tickets to the garden tour are $25 per person for the regular tour and $150 for the Dana Diamond Tour. Tickets are re available online at pointlomagardenwalk.com.
Tickets are also on sale at the following locations:
• Ace Hardware Liberty Station, 2750 Dewey Road, Suite 103, (619) 326-0827
• Armstrong Garden Centers, 1350 W. Morena Blvd., (619) 276-9970
• Cedros Gardens, 330 S. Cedros Ave., Solana Beach, (858) 792-8640
• Green Gardens Nursery, 4810 Cass St., (858) 483-7846
• Mission Hills Nursery, 1525 Fort Stockton Drive, (619) 295-2808
• Vintage Revivals, 4847 Newport Ave., (619) 269-7922
• Walter Andersen Nursery (Point Loma), 3642 Enterprise St., (619) 224-8271, and Walter Andersen Nursery (Poway), 12755 Danielson Court, (858) 513-4900
For more information on the tour or how to obtain tickets, visit pointlomagardenwalk.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (619) 518-8663.