• School campus tour from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Learn about the widely acclaimed international baccalaureate program while touring the school.
• MBHS senior graduation ceremony is set for Tuesday, June 11 at 5 p.m. at the school’s stadium.
PACIFIC BEACH MIDDLE SCHOOL
• PBMS physical educator Karla Martinez was presented with a city proclamation from District 2 City Councilman Kevin Faulconer after being named the 2013 California International Baccalaureate MYP Exemplary Educator of the Year. The proclamation declared that May 21, 2013 was Karla Martinez Day.
• Martinez, Dennis Gildehaus and Pat Hollis were honored for their dedication in leading the Pacific Beach Middle IB P.E. department to receive the 2013 Nancy Blackman Physical Education Program of the Year award from the county of San Diego. School officials thank the students and staff who helped put the PBMS IB P.E. program on the map.
• The eighth-grade promotion takes place Tuesday, June 11 at Mission Bay High Stadium at 9:30 a.m. Buses will be leaving PBMS at 8:45 a.m. to transport the promoting eighth-graders. Volunteers are needed to set up chairs that morning at 6:30 a.m.
KATE SESSIONS ELEMENTARY
The Kate Sessions spring open house was held May 23. Students and their families enjoyed dinner from Chip’s Beach Eatz and The Dog Shack food trucks, with dessert from Kona Ice of Pacific Beach. Students painted tiles with Cool Creations Pottery Studio for an installation on the wall in front of the school. Students shared what they’d learned over the last school year in student-led conferences.
MISSION BAY CLUSTER
• The final Mission Bay Cluster meeting of the year will be Thursday, June 6 at 6 p.m. at Mission Bay High School in the library. The meeting will recap another roller-coaster year and the group will discuss plans for next year. There will also be an opportunity to hear from a few graduating seniors from MBHS. The seniors will be a part of a moderated panel discussion about the successes and challenges of MBHS, followed by a Q&A afterward.
• The Mission Bay Cluster would like to thank everyone who took an active part in strengthening the cluster schools. This year brought the Pacific Beach public schools together to work toward shared commitment and a common cause of creating the highest-quality educational opportunity for the children in our schools.
MBHS ALUMNI ASSOC.
The Seaside Farmers Market takes every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the student parking lot of Mission Bay High School, 2475 Grand Ave. All profits benefit educational, art, athletic programs and beautification at Mission Bay High.