The PLA dinner is a celebration of all that is Point Loma, including music of the Point, featuring musical ensembles from Point Loma High School, Correia Middle School, an incredible drummer from Dana Middle School and PLNU’s Point Loma Opera Theater, all under the direction and musical spirit of Glen Fisher of the First Friday Club.
The dinner also includes opportunities to donate directly to the Nimitz Greenway Project.
The dinner supports the PLA’s community projects and activities such as:
• The Nimitz Boulevard beautification project planning. Bolstered by generous grants from the city, county and private donations, the association is ready to begin the project that will involve the beautification of the corridor between West Point Loma Boulevard and Harbor Drive.
• Newly painted utility boxes throughout the community.
• Continued beautification of the landscaping and trees at the corner of W. Point Loma Avenue and Nimitz Boulevard, and in front of Dewey Elementary School.
• Ongoing maintenance of 18 sites throughout Point Loma by the association’s Mean Green Team.
• Support for the Point Loma Summer Concerts at Point Loma Park.
This year, the theme of the annual dinner is “Celebrate Point Loma.” The evening will feature PLA Beautification Awards and great food from To the Point Catering. The association will also celebrate the music of the Point with talented musicians and vocalists from Dana Middle School, Correia Middle School, Point Loma High School and Point Loma Nazarene University, which will entertain with jazz, pop/rock, musical theater and opera selections, under the direction of Glen Fisher and his First Friday Club.
Individual tickets are $75. Tables can be reserved for $1,000.
The dinner takes place at Liberty Station at 5:30 p.m.
For more information, visit www.pointlomaassociation.com.