Did you know...
MBHS’ Academic League Team went to the county semi-finals last year?
MBHS has students attending from around the world?
MBHS’ International Baccalaureate Programme teaches students to analyze various authors and debate their conclusions orally and in writing?
MBHS has a state-of-the-art weight room and stadium construction will begin in January?
MBHS has a National Merit Scholar?
MBHS has a Wimbledon player, a Nobel Prize winner in chemistry, a NCAA track star and NFL stars as alumni?
Come and learn more about what goes on at Mission Bay High. Tours are Jan. 7, 23 and Feb. 12 at 8 a.m. in the library. Sign in at the front office. Visit www.sandi.net/missionbay for future dates.
Pacific Beach Middle School
Did you know...
PBMS is home to three California International Baccalaureate Teachers of the Year?
PBMS hosts teacher-volunteers from around the globe for up to three years from Germany, Switzerland, Denmark and China?
PBMS is a California International Baccalaureate Spotlight School and has award-winning partnerships with HUBBS Research, Rotary Intl., SeaWorld and California state parks’ videoconferencing project (PORTS)?
PBMS IB World School offers the IB Programme in a small-school setting and students have logged more than 13,000 hours of community service for the community?
Come to a monthly tour to learn more about PBMS. Next tours are Jan. 9 and Feb. 6. Visit www.sandi.net/pbmiddle for additional dates.
Kate Sessions Elementary
• Shop www.donornation.org for local services and restaurant vouchers. A portion of every purchase goes to Kate Sessions (or the school of your choice). Find vouchers for the Patio Restaurant, Seaside Farmers Market, La Jolla Playhouse, salon services and more.
• Sessions Elementary is looking for community businesses to support the annual silent auction. To donate items or underwrite expenses, email email@example.com. All donations are tax deductible and help fund art, music, Spanish and library programs at Kate Sessions.
Crown Point Junior Music Academy
• CPJMA has issued a challenge to collect at least 1,000 pairs of new or gently worn footwear (sneakers, work boots, flip flops, sandals, etc.) for children and families in Kenya. Drop off shoes in the CPJMA office.
• Winter Concert for CPJMA families — Thursday, Dec. 19, 8:30 a.m.
• Winter Dance — Friday, Dec. 20, 5 to 7:30 p.m.
• Join neighbors and friends at the CPJMA food truck gathering every Thursday on Ingraham Street from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
Pacific Beach Elementary
• Thank you to the PBE ELAC families who provided delicious food at Las Posadas, a cultural food fair, after the Student Awards Assembly on Dec. 11. Thanks also go to Rocket Fizz for providing a Family Fun Night on Dec. 18 with 10 percent of the proceeds going back to PBE.
• The next Friends of Pacific Beach Elementary (FOPBE) meeting will be on Jan. 8.
Friends of PB Secondary Schools (FOPBSS)
• Thanks to all the families who attended the December Dine Out and to California Kebab and Diego’s Dogs for their generosity and support.
• Buy an advertising banner or yearbook ad for your business and support local schools. Benefits of advertising with the schools: excellent exposure, targeted audience and a great value. Yearbook ads: $150 for ½ page; Banner posted on school fencing: $400 for 3’ x 5’ banner/annually; e-Newsletter weekly ad: $1,000/ year. Contact Kim Schoettle at kim@SchoettleFinancial.com to sign up.
Mission Bay Cluster
Missoula Children’s Theatre will be in San Diego the week of Jan. 13-18 and students from the entire Mission Bay Cluster will have an opportunity to audition for “Robinson Crusoe.” The production will take place in the PB Middle School auditorium on Saturday, Jan. 18 at 3 and 7 p.m.