Photos will be displayed at the Peninsula Beacon booth during the Ocean Beach Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off Festival on Saturday, June 28. The public will vote for its favorite pictures, and the winning entry may just be yours!
Prizes will be awarded for the top three photos, which will be published in the July 3 Beacon.
The deadline to receive entries is Tuesday, June 24.
• Photos must be taken by an amateur photographer and must have been shot in the 92106 or 92107 ZIP codes between June 2013 and June 2014. Possible locations include Ocean Beach, Point Loma, Shelter Island, Loma Portal or Sports Arena/Midway District. The subjects of eligible photos may include anything in the area suitable for public viewing.
• Please do not email photos. Instead, drop them off or mail them to: The Peninsula Beacon, Attn: Photo Contest, 1621 Grand Ave., Suite C, San Diego, CA 92109.
• Retouched, Photoshopped or computer-enhanced photos will NOT be accepted.
• Color or black-and-white prints are eligible. Slides are not allowed. Entries should be no larger than 8 by 10 inches and no smaller than 3 by 5 inches. Please don’t send a photo in a frame.
• Only ONE entry per photographer allowed.
• Amateur photographers only, please. A professional category may be on display but is not a part of the judging.
• Include photographer’s name, address, phone number, date the photo was taken and a brief description of the subject.
• The safe return of entries is not guaranteed. Remember, these photos will be mounted for public display — expect some wear and tear.
Photos may be picked up at the Beacon office, beginning Tuesday,
SAY ‘HI!’ AT THE STREET FAIR!
As long as you’re visiting the Ocean Beach Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off Festival on Saturday, June 28, be sure to come by and check out the Peninsula Beacon’s booth and say “Hello!”
Our special street fair edition will be delivered to homes and newsracks Thursday, June 26, and more will be available at our booth on June 28 to help you navigate your way around the festival.
Also, be sure to grab a copy of our annual Ocean Beach/Point Loma Visitor’s Guide that gives you complete listings of community activities and attractions throughout the year.