• Play, “The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” 7:30 p.m., La Jolla Playhouse, 2910 La Jolla Village Drive, the only stage collaboration from two masters of the American musical theater, composer Alan Menken and lyricist Stephen Schwartz. In this new production, a lush, emotionally rich score highlights the music’s orchestral power and choral beauty in an intimate retelling of the famous love story. securesite.lajollaplayhouse.org/default.aspx?m=10&y=2014&prodseason=8105.
SATURDAY, Nov. 22
• La Jolla Cove Swim Club Turkey Splash social event, 9 to 11 a.m. Come for a swim and lunch and to socialize. lajollacoveswimclub.com.
SUNDAY, Nov. 23
• La Jolla Open Aire Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., La Jolla Elementary School, on the corner of Girard Avenue and Genter Street. Weekly farmers market offers the best in local produce and arts and crafts by local artisans plus a food court and live entertainment. lajollamarket.com.
MONDAY, Nov. 24
• Stroller Strides, exercise for moms and babies, La Jolla Shores, 9 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Meet on the grass in front of the playground for a 75-minute exercise class at 8220 Camino del Oro. (760) 410-8497.
TUESDAY, Nov. 25
• Type 2 Diabetes Support Group, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Scripps Whittier Diabetes Institute, 10140 Campus Point Dr., Suite 100, Conference Room 113. Come meet other adults with Type 2 diabetes and exchange ideas about living with the condition. The group is facilitated by Alma Alaya, a health coach from Scripps Whittier Diabetes Institute with more than 10 years of experience supporting the diabetes community. Family is welcome to attend.
WEDNESDAY, Nov. 26
• Live Music, Adam Block Duo, 7:30 p.m., Beaumont’s Eatery, 5662 La Jolla Blvd. Adam Block Duo plays popular covers. Free. beaumontseatery.com.
THURSDAY, THANKSGIVING, Nov. 27
• Happy Holiday!
FRIDAY, Nov. 28
• Holiday production of “The Second City’s Nut-Cracking Holiday Revue,” La Jolla Playhouse, 2 p.m. matinee. The Playhouse is excited to present this hilarious new holiday production, which captures all the magic, mystery and mayhem of the season with original songs, sketches and improv by Chicago's incomparable Second City. $22 plus tax. securesite.lajollaplayhouse.org/default.aspx?m=10&y=2014&prodseason=8105