• Chanukah festival of lights and live performance by The Moshav Band, 7 p.m. BarFly La Jolla, 909 Prospect St., No. 100, pre-sale tickets $20, $26 at the door, ages 21 and up. barflylajolla.com.
TUESDAY, Dec. 23
• The Comedy Store, 7:30 p.m. The best of San Diego features the best and brightest comics in the industry. 21 and up, two-drink minimum. thecomedystore.com.
WEDNESDAY, Dec. 24
• Christmas eve. Happy holiday.
THURSDAY, Dec. 25
• Christmas day. Happy holiday.
FRIDAY, Dec. 26
• Classic rock live concert, 9 p.m., Beaumont’s Eatery, 5662 La Jolla Blvd., free. Fish and the Seaweeds will perform. 21 and up. beaumontseatery.com.
SATURDAY, Dec. 27
• Steven Ybarra performs live, noon-2 p.m., Palm Plaza area of Westfield University Towne Centre, 4545 La Jolla Village Drive, free. westfield.com/utc.
SUNDAY, Dec. 28
• UTC Ice Sports Center, classes 11:30 a.m.-noon and 12:30-1 p.m. and ice skating all day, Westfield UTC shopping center, 4545 La Jolla Village Drive. westfield.com/utc.
MONDAY, Dec. 29
• Stroller Strides, exercise for moms, 10:45 a.m.-noon, La Jolla Shores, on lawn at 8220 Camino Del Oro. (760) 410-8497.
TUESDAY, Dec. 30
• Free movies and popcorn, 2-4 p.m., La Jolla Riford Library, 7555 Draper Ave., children’s animated Christmas film. sandiego.gov/public-library/locations/branchlist.shtml.
WEDNESDAY, Dec. 31
• New Year’s eve. Happy holiday.
THURSDAY, Jan. 1
• New Year's day. Happy holiday.
FRIDAY, Jan. 2
• Qi Gong, 9:30 a.m., La Jolla Riford Library, 7555 Draper Ave. Gentle exercises for all ages and abilities. lajollalibrary.org, call (858) 453-6719.
SATURDAY, Jan. 3
• La Jolla Golden Triangle Rotary Club breakfast, 7:15 a.m., La Jolla Marriott, 4240 La Jolla Village Drive. $20. lajollagtrotary.org, call (858) 395-1222.
SUNDAY, Jan. 4
• La Jolla Open Aire Market, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., La Jolla Elementary School, corner of Girard Avenue and Genter Street. Weekly farmers market offers the best in local produce and arts and crafts by local artisans plus a food court and live entertainment. lajollamarket.com.
MONDAY, Jan. 5
• La Jolla Community Planning Association, 6-9 p.m., La Jolla Rec Center, 615 Prospect St., community advisory group makes land-use recommendations to the city on local zoning issues. lajollacpa.org.
TUESDAY, Jan. 6
• La Jolla Shores Merchants Association BID meeting, 4 p.m., Papalulu’s Restaurant, 2168 Avenida de la Playa, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEDNESDAY, Jan. 7
• La Jolla Village Merchants Association BID meeting, 8:30-10 a.m., The Cuvier Club, 7776 Eads Ave., email email@example.com.
THURSDAY, Jan. 8
• La Jolla Town Council, 5-7 p.m., State of La Jolla address given by community civic leaders. ljtc.org.
FRIDAY, Jan. 9
• Sunrise Rotary of La Jolla meeting, 6:55 a.m., The Shores Hotel, 8110 Camino del Oro. $20. (619) 992-9449.
SATURDAY, Jan. 10
• Amanda Farber art exhibit, workshop concert, noon, Athenaeum Music & Arts Library, 1008 Wall St. Farber works with images derived from many sources: imaginary forms, personal memories, photographs, textile patterns, vintage illustrations and advertisements. Her paintings are loaded with high contrasts and rhyming negative spaces. Her work has been exhibited widely, including most recently at MCASD, Quint Contemporary Art, the Protea Gallery and the Athenaeum Music & Arts Library. Farber currently teaches at Design Institute of San Diego.
SUNDAY, Jan. 11
• San Diego New Music, soundON Festival of Modern Music, Athenaeum Music & Arts Library, 1008 Wall St. Cutting-edge world premieres by Mark Menzies, Christopher Adler and festival favorite Juan Campoverde Q, with works by Sidney Marquez Boquiren and New York composer Eric Wubbels. We will also celebrate our modern masters with Pierre Boulez, Elliott Carter and San Diego’s Chinary Ung. ljathenaeum.org/.
MONDAY, Jan. 12
• Hospital tour of maternity and mother-baby unit, 6-7 p.m., Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, Women’s Lobby, 2nd Floor, 9888 Genesee Ave. Learn where to enter the hospital, special services that are available to you and your family during your stay and how to streamline your admission. You’ll also get answers to your questions about delivering your baby at Scripps. scripps.org.
TUESDAY, Jan. 13
• Shaun Briley, La Jolla Riford Branch head librarian, will speak on the book business from all sides. visit lajollalibrary.org/home0.aspx.
WEDNESDAY, Jan. 14
• San Diego Cloud9 Speed Dating for single professionals in their 30s and 40s, 7 p.m., La Jolla Brewing Company, 7536 Fay Ave. $35 general admission. lajollabeer.com.
THURSDAY, Jan. 15
• The Gillispie School Open House, 9-10:30 a.m., 7380 Girard Ave, The Gillispie School invites all prospective families to attend its open house tour of the campus, which has grown to include a new sports field, an art atelier, a sustainable garden and a new science bungalow. The event will also include an in-depth overview of the school's innovative educational programs, a community panel and a Q&A session with the head of school. RSVP to admissions lead Brittany Wiczek at firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 459-3773 ext. 135. gillispie.org.
FRIDAY, Jan. 16
• Dances of Love, Laughter and Loss, 8-10 p.m., Mandell Weiss Forum, 2910 La Jolla Village Drive. Jean Isaacs' San Diego Dance Theater will start the new year by returning to the Mandell Weiss Theatre on the UCSD campus for three days of dance. $15-$50. lajollaplayhouse.org.