• 2014 Environmental Achievement Award for Environmental Management from the Airports Council International — North America: this award recognizes the work and coordination, as well as leadership, which made such an environmentally sustainable undertaking as The Green Build possible. The panel of judges noted, “It is an impressive example of a green expansion project that will serve as an example for other airports to follow.”
• 2014 Economic Development and Planning Award from the American Planning Association, San Diego Section: the award serves to highlight forward-thinking, innovative and impactful planning projects making a difference in the San Diego region.
• 2014 Project of the Year Award from the American Society of Civil Engineers, San Diego Section: the award recognizes The Green Build, which is the largest construction project in the history of Lindbergh Field, adding 10 new gates, a dual-level roadway, new shopping/dining options and more.
• 2014 Public Works Project of the Year from the American Public Works Association, San Diego/Imperial Chapter: the award promotes excellence in the management and administration of public works projects by recognizing the alliance between the managing agency, the consultant/architect/-engineer and the contractor.
• 2014 Gold Bulldog Award from the Bulldog Reporter: this award recognizes the Airport Authority and its partner public-relations agency, Porter Novelli, in the Best Online Newsroom Business/Consumer category for “The Green Build’s Newsroom Takes Off.” Bulldog Award recipients are assessed on the basis of their ability to achieve extraordinary visibility and influence opinion, as well as on their creativity, command of media and technology and tenacity.
“The success of The Green Build relied heavily on the expertise of everyone involved, from environmental services to civil engineering to finance professionals to operations experts,” said Thella F. Bowens, president/CEO of the Airport Authority.
“It’s an incredible honor for The Green Build to be recognized by such a diverse array of awards,” she said.