All pit stops will be staffed between 6 and 9 a.m. Some open as early as 5:30 a.m., and others will re-open in the afternoon to serve riders returning home from work. Some stops will offer extra incentives such as free bike repairs, bike tune-ups, and breakfast. View a Google map of pit stop locations and hours of operation at http://bit.ly/1bQtZ82.
Pit stops of interest:
· As part of its pit stop, the Coast Guard Sector at 2710 North Harbor Drive will have a helicopter and boat on display.
· Clairemont Times will partner with Zico Coconut Water and Energy 103.7 FM at the Rose Creek Bike Path and Santa Fe Street.
· UC San Diego is expected to host the largest pit stop at the intersection of Gilman Dr. and Villa La Jolla Dr. in parking lot (P406), just east of the Gilman Parking Structure, with free bike parking and vendor tents.
· The San Diego Zoo will host its always popular pit stop at 2920 Zoo Drive, with animal interactions, costumed characters, and complimentary chair massages.
· A morning pit stop planned by the San Ysidro Smart Border Coalition will be available for bike riders at the San Ysidro Intermodal Transit Center (Trolley Station) near the bike lockers.
· Tijuaneando en Bici, Imperial Beach Mayor Serge Dedina and SANDAG staff will ride their bikes across the San Ysidro Port of Entry (12:30 to 1 p.m.) to a pit stop at the Outlets at the Border, located in front of the future Virginia Avenue Pedestrian Facility and Land Port of Entry, to celebrate the 5th Annual Tijuaneando en Bici Border Crossing Event. The pit stop will service Bike to Work Day participants from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
The San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) is the San Diego region’s primary public planning, transportation, and research agency, providing the public forum for regional policy decisions about growth, transportation planning and construction, environmental management, housing, open space, energy, public safety, and binational topics.