The public will vote for their favorite pictures. And it may just be yours!
Prizes will be awarded for the top three photos, which will be published in The Peninsula Beacon.
First place will earn a $100 gift certificate to Nick’s at the Pier and second- and third-place winners will receive free tickets to their choice of the San Diego Zoo or San Diego Wild Animal Park.
Only photos taken between June ’08 and June ’09 may be entered.
• Photos must be taken by an amateur photographer and must be shot in the 92106 or 92107 ZIP codes between June 2008 and today. Possible locations include Ocean Beach, Point Loma, Shelter Island, Loma Portal or Sports Arena/Midway. The subjects of eligible photos may include anything in the area suitable for public viewing.
• Please do not e-mail photos, but mail them to the Beacon office at 4645 Cass St., Box 9550, San Diego, CA 92109.
• Retouched or computer-enhanced photos will NOT be accepted.
• Color or black and white prints are eligible. Slides are not allowed. Entries should be no larger than 8 by 10 inches and not smaller than 3 by 5 inches. Please don’t send a photo in a frame.
• Only ONE entry per photographer is allowed.
• Amateur photographers only, please.
• Please include photographer’s name, address, phone number, date the photo was taken and a brief description of the subject.
• The safe return of entries is not guaranteed. Remember, these photos will be mounted for public display — expect some wear and tear.
Photos may be picked up at The Beacon office after Thursday, July 2.
Deadline for entries is Tuesday, June 23.