The pipeline relocation work will require changes to the roadway on Garnet Avenue between DeSoto Street and Moraga Avenue. A portion of the median will be removed in order to shift the traffic lanes. Once the traffic lanes are shifted, eastbound and westbound traffic will use the westbound lanes.
• During work hours, Garnet Avenue will be limited to one lane in each direction at night and on weekends beginning June 4.
• After work hours trenches will be filled and traffic control measures removed so that all lanes of Garnet Avenue will be open for traffic during the day Mondays through Fridays.
Night work in this area will begin on Tuesday, May 31.
• Night work will take place 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. May 31, June 1, 2, 3
• Night and day work will take place on June 4 and 5
• Beginning June 8, a Wednesday through Sunday night shift schedule will be in effect for several weeks.
• Garnet Avenue will have one lane in each direction open within the construction zone during working hours
• These work hours will reduce the overall impact to the community and allow for the construction to be completed in a shorter timeframe.
SANDAG has retained a consultant to perform community liaison services. The firm has conducted outreach to the properties along the alignment as well as additional stakeholders. For additional information about this project, call 877-379-0110, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.keepsandiegomoving.com/midcoast.