- Tracy Borg, International Baccalaureate Coordinator at MBHS, reported the completion of a productive season of IB and AP testing. MBHS 11th and 12th graders collectively took 387 IB exams in English, French, Spanish, business, psychology, history, environmental, science, biology, higher math, summative math, film, and art. Many of these students will be earning college credit across multiple subjects. In addition 88 AP exams were completed in AP Environmental, AP Spanish, AP Calculus and AP Statistics.
- MBHS seniors are finishing up their final year and many are preparing to go away to colleges, such as UCLA, UC Berkeley, UC Santa Barbara, UC Davis, UC San Diego, UC Santa Cruz, Cal Poly San Louis Obispo, Cal Poly Pomona, Cal State LA, Cal State Long Beach, Chico State, Point Loma Nazarene University, Michigan State University, Montana State University. Good luck seniors!
- Congratulations to Kieran Wills, a junior at Mission Bay High School, on being unanimously selected by the Eastern League coaches to the 2nd Team All Conference for boys volleyball.
Pacific Beach Middle
- PB Middle Students Make a Difference. PB Middle students have logged more than 16,000 hours of service and action for 2015-2016. In addition, as a requirement of the IB program, more than 200 eighth-grade students presented their community (service) projects to panels of students, teachers, and community members that included KUSI news, Ed Harris, and County Office of Education Superintendent Dr. Randy Ward.
- Want to see what PBE is all about? Join the school community for the annual Open House and Celebration of Art, featuring art work from every student. Chip's Beach Eatz will be there so bring your family to eat dinner and get to know some PBE parents and students. The event begins at 5:30 p.m.
- PBE thanks Pieology on Garnet Avenue for their generous support of local schools and their recent fundraiser, bringing almost $3,500 into the local schools here in Pacific Beach. Thank you Pieology!
- The 27th annual PBE variety show: GIANT was a huge success! More than 300 people attended the show to support students and local talent.
- Congratulations to fifth graders at Sessions. All fifth graders participated in their final IB projects, which included power point presentations related to global issues confronting young children.
n Sessions had an amazing open house with focus on student-led conferences, science stations sponsored by SPAWAR, food trucks, and a book fair.
St. Paul’s Lutheran
- St. Paul’s Lutheran School eighth graders Sam Rudenberg and Shane Cowell and fifth grader Miranda Kaack were awarded scholarships for continuing organ study in the May 7 San Diego American Guild of Organists/Spreckels Organ Society Scholarship Auditions. Kaack performed at the Spreckels Organ Pavilion in Balboa Park at 2 p.m. Sunday, June 5.
All three study organ and piano with Leslie Wolf Robb, director of music ministries at St. Paul’s. Kaack, as the top performer in the Novice Division, will receive an additional scholarship from the Spreckels Organ Society.
- Tuesday, June 14, 9 am, Crown Point Junior Music Academy final violin concert of the year in the auditorium.