- Congratulations PB Middle School on receiving the Chargers Grant for the new physical education cycling program.
- Kate Sessions will be holding its annual Handmade in San Diego craft fair on Dec. 3. If you are interested in being a vendor please email [email protected] Space is limited to 100 artisans and crafters and all items must be handmade.
- PBE will hold its annual Penguin Pride Night 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 23. There will be free games and prizes for kids until supplies last, along with a cake walk and adopt-a-pet too. Chip’s Beach Eatz food truck will provide food for purchase. It is also the kick off to the annual book fair and PBE apparel sales.
- The annual Contributions Drive has begun at PBE. If your business or company is interested in sponsoring and supporting students, email [email protected] for more information.
- Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools meeting will take place 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28, in the PBMS media center. Join in on the conversation and learn about fundraising and volunteer opportunities to help support PBMS and MBHS. Sign up at www.FOPBSS.org to receive weekly email blasts.
- Join friends and family for a dine-out fundraiser at Pieology in Pacific Beach on Garnet Avenue, Wednesday, Sept. 28, all day. Mention the fundraiser and FOPBSS will receive 20 percent of sales.
Mission Bay Cluster
- The meeting will take place 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 6, at Mission Bay High School. The Mission Bay Cluster is an organization that represents the six public schools in the Pacific Beach area. PB Elementary, Sessions Elementary, Crown Point Junior Music Academy, Barnard Asian Pacific Language Academy, Pacific Beach Middle School and Mission Bay High School. Join in on the conversation to share ideas, build bridges between schools, and work with schools and educators to enhance and elevate the educational environment.