- Homecoming will take place 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28 at MBHS stadium. Join the MBHS community and cheer on the varsity football team as they play Scripps Ranch High. Go Bucs!
Pacific Beach Middle
- October is Socktober. Buy a sock. Help someone walk. PBMS, a LIMBS International partner school, is selling packs of socks to help raise money to support programs restoring mobility to amputees throughout the developing world. For every 75 packs of socks sold, LIMBS will provide one leg to an amputee through partner clinic around the world.
For every set sold, the PBMS Builders Club will receive a pair of warm socks to donate to teens staying at San Diego's Storefront Teen Shelter. Should you have any questions about the campaign, contact Jennifer Sims, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Builders Club president Tommy W. If you have sock questions, contact email@example.com. PB Middle sock orders/payments must be completed by Oct 23. Order at www.limbsinternational.org.
- Kate Sessions is looking for vendors for its annual Handmade in San Diego Craft Fair 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 3. Sponsorship opportunities are also available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Kate Sessions has announced that PE teacher Lori Emerson was inducted into the La Jolla High School Coaching Hall of Fame on Friday, Oct. 14 when LJHS inaugurated their new tennis and football fields. Between 1981-1991, Emerson was the girls varsity basketball coach. During this time period, Emerson’s teams won nine league titles and one CIF title. In 1986, Emerson was awarded the Coach of the Year for Southern California. La Jolla High School and Kate Sessions Elementary School are lucky to be able to call Emerson their teacher.
- PBE is getting ready for its third annual Turkey Trot jog-a-thon on Nov. 14, and looking for local businesses to help sponsor the event. For more information, email email@example.com.
- Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools’ Souplantation Dine Out, Wednesday, Nov. 3, all day. Enjoy family and friends at Souplantation, 3960 West Point Loma Blvd., all day long for delicious food while raising money for PBMS and MBHS.
Mission Bay High Alumni Association
- 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28 All Alumni Homecoming "Pre Game" Celebration in the patio area between concession stand and the bleachers. Beat the crowd and come early to the game to catch up with classmates. Food will be available to purchase and MBHS spirit wear on sale. Admission to the game is free for all MBHS Alumni Association life members and senior citizens. Regular admission $7. There will be a designated seating area for all alumni in the bleachers off the patio area.
- 6 p.m. Just before kick-off, MBHS Alumni Association will be honoring alumni Sean Smith MBHS '95 who was an information management officer with the United States Foreign Service and was killed during the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya. MBHS Alumni Association will also be honoring former MBHS principal Maruta Gardner who was tragically struck by a hit-and-run driver on Feb. 12.
Mission Bay Cluster
- The next Mission Bay Cluster meeting is 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 3 at Pacific Beach Elementary School. Dr. Julie Martel will be there to present information and answer questions about the San Diego Unified calendar and school start times. There will also be a presentation by PBE students.
- PB school tour dates: The window to submit an application through open enrollment (CHOICE) is open through Nov. 14. If you have friends or family outside the boundaries considering Mission Bay Cluster schools for next year, note these tour dates.
- Mission Bay High: Nov. 10 at 7:55 a.m.
- PB Middle School: Nov. 3 at 8 a.m.
- Kate Sessions: Oct. 20, Nov. 1, Nov. 7 at 1 p.m.
- Barnard APLA: each Monday at 10:20 a.m.
- CPJMA: each Monday and Friday at 1:15 p.m.
St. Paul's School
- St. Paul's School is hosting an outdoor movie night and special screening of “Hotel Transylvania 2” on Friday, Oct. 21 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Admission is free. Bring your chairs, blankets, snacks, etc. Popcorn and candy will be on sale.