- MBHS Aquatics Program fundraiser – Mark your calendar for a fun Bingo Nite on Nov. 5 to help support MBHS Aquatics 5 to 8 p.m. at the VFW Post 5985, 853 Turquoise St. Bingo games – Pizza by the slice – lots of cool prizes – opportunity drawings.
- MBHS students competed in the UCSD Triton Quiz Bowl tournament on Saturday, Oct. 22, placing fifth overall out of 24 teams. The A team included Dylan Groves (11), Daniel Legasi (11), Jason Watt (11), Jordan Grayson (11), and newcomer Rory Knight (9). The B team consisted of Nick Archer (10), Sophia Bailey (10), Taylor Kavieff (10), and Alexis Voleta (10). Academic League coach and English teacher Nathan Sheehy, said, "Well done to both teams who competed strongly with good attitudes and were close in a number of matches."
Pacific Beach Middle
- Parent and community tours at PB Middle. Pacific Beach Middle International Baccalaureate World School will open its doors on Nov. 3, Dec. 1, Jan. 5, Feb. 2, March 2, April 6 and May 4 from 8 to 10 a.m. in the Pacific Beach Middle Media Center. Parents of prospective students are invited to meet the principal, visit the classrooms and learn about the IB program. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 273-9070 ext. 2357.
- PBE is getting ready for its third annual Turkey Trot jog-a-thon on Nov. 14, and is looking for local businesses to help sponsor different parts of the event. Students will run to help raise money to fund important programs like science, art, and music. For more information or to donate, visit www.FOPBE.org. Gobble gobble!
Mission Bay Cluster
- Next Mission Bay Cluster meeting is 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 3 at PB Elementary Library.
St. Paul's Lutheran
- St. Paul's Lutheran Preschool PB has partnered with the San Diego Bike Coalition for a fun and educational Bike Rodeo on Saturday, Nov. 5 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for children ages 2-5 years old to promote awareness of safe cycling. A free bike safety check will be done as well as having the opportunity to ride laps onsite. San Diego Fire Department will be onsite with a truck for fun and fire awareness discussions. A pancake breakfast will be offered onsite for $3/plate.
Children may ride a scooter or bike and parents may ride too. There is a $10 entrance for riding. All riders receive a free Hammond's Ice Cream certificate. This is a fun event promoting health and safety.