- The Mission Bay Music Pops Concert will take place Thursday, March 9. Join friends for a night of music with the MBHS concert band, orchestra, and choir. Enjoy music from your favorite movies and pop music icons in the MBHS auditorium. Tickets are $5 at the door. Students and children get in free.
- Mission Bay Preservationists' Japan fundraiser will take place 7 to 10 p.m. Wednesday, March 22 at the Pacific Beach Women's Club. Help send the Mission Bay Preservationists to Japan. The Mission Bay Preservationists have been selected to perform and represent San Diego in its sister city Yokohama, Japan, in April to commemorate the 16th anniversary of sister city relations. Tickets are available at tickethookups.com/MBHS-japan-fundraiser.
Pacific Beach Middle
- The PBMS Music Program Pancake Breakfast will take place 9 a.m. Saturday, March 18.
- The Spring Pops Concert will take place 6:30 p.m. Thursday, March 23, in the auditorium.
- The two winning classes from the PBMS Holiday Toy Drive enjoyed an afternoon of rides at Belmont Park on Friday, March 3. More than 60 students were rewarded with the prize donated by Belmont Park.
- PBE’s annual online auction runs through March 13. Check out donations at www.pbe.schoolauction.net/islandnights. Many thanks to all the businesses and community members who donated items to the event. All proceeds help fund important programs at PBE, such as science, music, art, and theater. FOPBE is still looking for donations and sponsors for the Island Nights event on April 7 at the Soledad Club. If interested, email email@example.com.
The Pacific Beach Elementary Science Night on Feb. 24 was a huge success as PBE families enjoyed the many demonstrations, experiments, and activities, along with the grand opening of PBE’s new Maker’s Space and science lab. PBE is grateful to the programs that helped host the event including SPAWAR, San Diego Youth Science, and Climate Kids/Alliance. With its new science focus, PBE is beginning the new Project Lead the Way program for all students, which consists of modules of engineering, robotics, coding, and biomedical sciences.
- The 12th annual Taste of North Pacific Beach will take place 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, March 15. Organized by the Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools, all proceeds benefit programs and special events at Mission Bay High, Pacific Beach Middle, and Pacific Beach Elementary schools. Sample an assortment of food and drink from 14 restaurants in North Pacific Beach.
Listen to local school bands on the lawn of The Turquoise Animal Hospital and view student art work at Gallery at Land’s End and Java Earth Café. Tickets are $15 per adult and $10 for children 5 to 12 years and can be purchased at Mission Bay High, Pacific Beach Middle, Pacific Beach Elementary, Java Earth Café, Leilani’s Café, and Pernicano’s Pizza House