- Ronan Gray of the San Diego Junior Lifeguard Foundation (Drowning Prevention Foundation of San Diego) presents Mission Bay High School principal Ernie Remillard with a check for $2,500 to support the Mission Bay High School aquatics program (right).
The foundation provided a matching funds grant for funds raised by parents of Mission Bay High students. The $2,500 raised by parents and $2,500 from the foundation will help cover the cost of coaching, pool rental fees and other costs for boys water polo, girls water polo and swim team training and competitions.
Pacific Beach Middle
- Save the date for the PB Palooza! Join friends and families to celebrate local music and support the PBMS Music Association noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 17 at the San Diego Mission Bay Boat and Ski Club. Bring lawn chairs or a blanket and listen to the sounds of The Sea Monks, The PinchFlats, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Frostie, Big Daddy Blues, and the Bartones, with food available from Leilani's Food Truck. Tickets are available at the event: $10 for adults, $5 for kids. All proceeds go to support the music program at PBMS. Questions or inquiries for sponsoring the event can be directed to email@example.com.
- New student orientation will take place Friday, Aug. 25 in the auditorium. TK/Kindergarten students will meet their teacher and see their classrooms at 9 a.m. (last name A-M) and 9:45 a.m. (last name N-Z). New grade 1-5 students will get to tour the school at 11 a.m.
- Parents, students, and faculty spent the last part of the summer painting, weeding, and shoveling as part of a school-wide beautification.
- New student orientation will take place 1 p.m. Aug. 25, followed by a play date for entering TK (transitional kindergarten) students and their families at Kate Sessions Park.
- First FOPBE meeting of the school year will take place 6 p.m. Sept. 6 at PBE.
- The Back to School Resource Fair will take place 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday Aug. 24 at Crown Point Junior Music Academy. Come by and meet the new principal, staff, and new families.
Mission Bay Cluster
- Monday, Aug. 28, is the first day of school for Pacific Beach public schools.
- The Mission Bay Cluster is an organization that serves the six Pacific Beach public schools by providing a democratic, representative process to enhance academic excellence in all six schools. The first meeting of the school year will be held 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 7 in the Mission Bay High library. Everyone is welcome.
- The mission of Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools is to foster an environment of excellence in education and student activities for Mission Bay High School and Pacific Beach Middle School. Sign up for the e-blasts at fopbss.org.