- More than 200 elementary- and middle-schoolers participated in the half time events at Mission Bay High School's "Future Bucs" night on Sept. 15. Students met MBHS principal Remillard, the Buccaneer mascot, and watched the varsity football team lose a hard-fought game against Rancho Buena Vista High school, 34-20.
- The newly-formed MBHS Coed Sailing Team is looking for sailors. Team captains, sophomore Adelaide Cunningham and freshman Marleigh Henehan, are looking for MBHS students to get out on the water in true Buccaneer style. The sailing team meets at Mission Bay Yacht Club on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3 to 6 p.m. No previous experience is needed. Call or text Melissa Cunningham at 858-405-0899 if you are interested in joining this fantastic sport and growing team.
- MBHS Tour will take place at 8 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 12. Meet principal Remillard in the library to hear about the International Baccalaureate Program and enjoy a tour.
Pacific Beach Middle
- PBMS Tour, will take place 8 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 5. Check in at the front office and meet in the PBMS media center to hear principal Meng talk about the great changes coming to PBMS. A tour of the campus follows the meeting.
- The monthly Friends of Pacific Beach Elementary meeting will take place 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 11 in the library at PB Elementary.
- Pacific Beach Elementary's contribution drive ends Oct. 16. Any amount is appreciated, and all proceeds directly benefit the school to support programs such as science, performing arts enrichment, playground facilitation, instructional supplies, Missoula Children's Theater, library books, art instruction, field trips, and more.
To donate, visit fopbe.org and click "Donate Now" or turn in a check or cash to the school office.
- Kate Sessions is getting ready to begin their "I See IB" recognition program. Each month, six students will be recognized for displaying IB attitudes. Students nominate other students by filling out a blue slip and placing it in one of the colorful boxes located around the school. Photos of the winners along with those who nominate them, will be displayed in a glass case near the entrance of the school for everyone to see. For a list of International Baccalaureate attitudes, visit IBO.org.
- More than 100 families came to Crown Point Junior Music Academy’s Back to School Night on Wednesday, Sept. 20. Thank you to everyone who came out to support their children in the classrooms and tour the campus.
n On Oct. 7, CPJMA's Music Club (Rock Band) students will perform at Pacific BeachFest on the Community Stage from 11 to 11:30 a.m. Come out for a fun day of music, food, arts and crafts, and to support the student performers.
Mission Bay Cluster
- Mission Bay Cluster meeting will take place 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 5, in the PBMS library.