Passmore gets 7 years for manslaughter in Pacific Beach
Published - 01/12/18 - 07:51 AM | 7526 views | 0 0 comments | 43 43 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Blue tinted monotone image of a gavel and scales of justice
Blue tinted monotone image of a gavel and scales of justice
A woman who pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in the beating death of an acquaintance in a Pacific Beach motel was sentenced Thursday to seven years in state prison.

Samantha Grace Passmore, 24, was ordered to pay for $2,741 in costs of the funeral for Joaquin Tuttle, 40, who died on April 21, 2017 about a week after he was injured by her co-defendant, Cameron Matthew Parker, 29.

The murder trial for Parker is set for Tuesday, Jan. 16 before San Diego Superior Court Kenneth So. Parker is alleged to have fought with Tuttle, causing his fatal injuries.

Judge Michael Groch gave Passmore credits for 301 days in jail and fined her $2,324. Probation was denied.

Tuttle formerly owned a bike store in Pacific Beach and was also an artist. His parents and other relatives wrote letters to the judge about his life.

“He was the life of family get-togethers,” wrote Jim and Debbie Tuttle.

“We didn’t realize how many lives he had touched until after his untimely death. The outpouring of love and support has meant so much to us,” wrote his parents. “He was truly loved.”

A security camera at the San Diego Motel at 4780 Mission Bay Drive caught a glimpse of Passmore looking into Tuttle’s motel room before turning away, according to testimony at a preliminary hearing.

It was believed at that moment Parker was fighting and stabbing Tuttle on April 14. He was hospitalized at Scripps La Jolla, but died there on April 21 from blunt force trauma injuries.

A pathologist testified earlier that Tuttle had four rib fractures, stab wounds, and a history of renal disease. He died of blunt force trauma.

A police officer testified Tuttle told him in the hospital that it was possible his attacker, whom he did not know, was the jealous boyfriend of a woman he knew.

Tuttle said his attacker threw a microwave oven at him, striking his head, the officer said.

Parker and Passmore were arrested for murder on April 25 where they were staying at a Mission Valley motel.

Parker has pleaded not guilty and remains in the George Bailey Detention Facility on $1 million bail.
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Comments are back! Simply post the comment (it'll complain about you failing the human test) then simply click on the captcha and then click "Post Comment" again. Comments are also welcome on our Facebook page.