- Principal's Coffee, will take place 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 28 in the MBHS library.
- MBHS homecoming game will take place 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 28. Join friends and MBHS alumni for the homecoming game against San Diego High School. For MBHS alumni, the Mission Bay High School Alumni Association All Alumni Homecoming Celebration will begin at 4:30 p.m. with a stroll down memory lane and a school tour open to all alumni and guests. At 5 p.m., the alumni “pre-party” will be in patio area next to concession stand, where alumni can catch up with classmates and enjoy grilled-to-order tacos compliments of PB Shore Club to benefit MBHS Alumni Association.Game time is 6 p.m. with alumni seating in the bleachers closest to the concession stand. Go Bucs!
Pacific Beach Middle
- PBMS parent tour will take place 8 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 4. Meet Principal Kimberly Meng and IB coordinator Jennifer Sims and learn how the International Baccalaureate Program guides students toward being effective problem-solvers, lifelong learners, and internationally-minded communicators. Sign in at the front office and meet in the PBMS media center. A campus tour will follow.
Barnard Mandarin Magnet Elementary
- Students and families from Barnard Mandarin Magnet Elementary School celebrated the start of the school year at the PTA’s third annual Day at the Bay event. In what has quickly become a favorite school tradition, the Day at the Bay brought friends old and new together at the Catamaran Hotel for a fun day of playing in the hot sand, swimming in the beautiful bay, and bouncing on a floating lily pad.
"This is my favorite day of the year because I get to see all my friends from school at the beach," said third-grade student Simone M. "Most of my friends live all around San Diego, so it is nice that we get to meet at the beach and spend the day together in the water. Plus, the lily pad is really awesome!"
While these students hate to say “good bye” to the summer sun, the enchantment of autumn is just around the corner. The Barnard community will welcome the fall season at the Balboa Park Moon Festival on Sept. 22.
- For information on Barnard Mandarin Magnet Elementary School, or to find out about the District’s School Choice program, visit sandiegounified.org/barnard.
Pacific Beach Elementary
- A parent’s night out to benefit PBE will be held at the VFW Post 5985 on Turquoise from 6 to 10 p.m. on Sept. 28. It’s a costume party with the theme “Hippies vs Hipsters.” Tickets will be on sale at PBE on Sept. 18. G3 Kids on Garnet is hosting a Friday Night Out for the kids that same night, with $10 from each participant going to the school.
Kate Sessions Elementary
- The annual Day at the Bay is on Sunday, Sept. 23, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Families are invited to come out to the bay adjacent to the Mission Bay Sportcenter to get to know each other while enjoying a day of fun in the sand and bay.
Mission Bay Cluster
- Three Mission Bay Cluster schools will have their bands featured at Pacific Beachfest on Saturday, Oct. 6. Crown Point Junior Music Academy will perform at 11 a.m., PBMS will be on stage at 1:10 p.m., and MBHS Preservationists and Mambo Orchestra will play at 3:40 p.m., on the Community Stage. For more information, visit pacificbeachfest.org.
- The fourth annual "Future Bucs Night" is 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 19 at Mission Bay High as the football team battles Scripps Ranch. Elementary and middle-school children and their families are welcome to come cheer on the team. The popular "Future Buc" T-shirt is now available for pre-order through Oct. 10. Cost is $10, and available in white or gold in standard youth and adult sizes XS through XL. Email email@example.com to order. Payment and pick-up will be at the event or by arrangement.
Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools
- The next Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools meeting will take place 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 27 at Mission Bay High School library. Join parents, teachers, and administrators from Pacific Beach Middle and Mission Bay High to hear about upcoming events and to learn how you can help.