- Save the Date for the MBHS Yacht Party at Mission Bay Yacht Club 6 to 11 p.m. on May 18. Enjoy food, great views, and music from Jetpack Mojo. Tickets are $75 per person and go on sale soon. All money raised from tickets and a live auction support PBMS and MBHS. Corporate and personal sponsorships are available, contact Stacey O'Neill, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gracie Semmens, 10th-grade gymnast at Mission Bay High, competed at La Costa Canyon High School on April 18, placing first on beam, vault, and all-around, second on floor, and third on bars. MBHS athletic director Jorge Palacios said, "Although gymnastics is not a district-funded sport, gymnastics is recognized by CIF and MBHS is the only San Diego Unified and City Conference school to have a gymnastic team."
Pacific Beach Middle
- Thank you to Belmont Park for donating a trip for Ms. Nelson's class for collecting the most toys for the winter toy drive. It was a great day of fun on the rides in the park.
Pacific Beach Elementary
- The third annual Horseshoe Tournament is May 11. Twenty-four teams will compete for the right to boast about their horseshoe skills until next year's competition. All proceeds will benefit FOPBE and FOPBSS. A huge thanks to the team of dads who've taken this event on for the third year in a row.
Kate Sessions Elementary
- Mrs. Hendricks' fifth grade class had the pleasure of welcoming newly-inducted NHL Hall-of-Famer Willie O'Ree, to their classroom. O'Ree was the first African American player in the NHL and has been referred to as the Jackie Robinson of hockey. O'Ree spoke to the students about his childhood and hockey career and stressed the importance of hard work and getting an education and encouraged students to set goals for themselves. O'Ree currently travels around North America for the NHL encouraging young boys and girls to play hockey.
- On Saturday, May 11, CPJMA Music Club will perform at Gator by the Bay in Spanish Landing Park at 10:30 a.m. Come out and enjoy a fun morning of music, Louisiana-themed food, and crawfish festival.
Mission Bay Cluster
- Walk and Roll to School is on May 8, when students in the Mission Bay Cluster will walk, bike, and scooter to school.
Remember to drive safely through the community every day so our students can remain safe. Thanks to Beautiful PB for sponsoring this event and SANDAG iCommute for supporting it through their grant.