- Homecoming game, Friday, Oct. 4, against Clairemont High School. Kickoff is at 6 p.m. Homecoming dance, Saturday, Oct. 5, 6-9:30 p.m., at the Birch Aquarium.
- Join the Mock Trial Club at MBHS every Monday at lunch in Mr. Sheehy's classroom. The Mock Trial Team is preparing to compete in the San Diego County High School Mock Trial Competition in February. The case for the competition is a murder trial and will include students as prosecution attorneys, defense attorneys, pretrial motion attorneys, witnesses, bailiffs, and a clerk.
Mission Bay Cluster
- Pacific BeachFest, Saturday, Oct. 5, 11 a.m.-7 p.m., on the boardwalk between Felspar and Thomas streets. Head over to the community stage to enjoy live music from local musicians from PB schools.
- Don Brown Golf Tournament benefiting Pacific Beach elementary schools, will take place at noon Thursday, Oct. 10. Register at mbrea.net/page/view/GolfTournament or call 858-412-0386.
- Fifth annual Future Bucs Night will take place at 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18 at MBHS stadium. Join this community event bringing all of PB schools together to cheer on the MBHS Bucs football team. Elementary and middle schoolers will gather on the field for half-time activities and the little ones can join the cheer team for the first half of the game. Adults $7. Kids are free if wearing a Future Bucs T-shirt. To order a Future Bucs T-shirt, contact Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn the cheers, kids can sign up for cheer camp on Oct. 12, by contacting Coach Tonya at email@example.com.
Pacific Beach Middle
- Principal's Coffee, 8 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 17. Check-in at the front office.
Barnard Mandarin Magnet Elementary
- Barnard Mandarin Magnet Elementary School students and alumni showcased their Chinese cultural arts talents and language skills at the 2019 Moon Festival in Balboa Park on September 14. This is the fourth consecutive year that Barnard’s students have performed in this annual event. Presenting a mix of classic and contemporary talents, Barnard students performed a traditional fan dance, played the hulusi (a Chinese flute-like instrument), and sang and danced to a modern Chinese pop song. Barnard alumni were among the students serving as the mistresses of ceremony for the event, introducing each performance in both Mandarin and English. “I liked Moon Festival because I got to perform in front of a lot of people,” said Barnard fifth-grader Kavi Z-T, who performed in both the fan dance and pop song numbers. “I also liked seeing the different types of performances from China.” For information on Barnard Mandarin Magnet Elementary School, or to find out about the District’s School Choice program, visit sandiegounified.org/barnard. The Choice application window for the 2020-2021 school year will open between Oct. 1 and Nov. 13 of this year.
Pacific Beach Elementary
- Principal's chat and school tour, 8 a.m. Friday, Oct. 4. Call 858-488-8316 for more information.
Friends of Pacific Beach Elementary meeting, 8 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 8 in the Pacific Beach Elementary library.
Kate Sessions Elementary
- Sessions families were treated to the annual fun day at The Bay on Sunday, Sept. 22. Mission Bay Sports Center graciously provided water equipment such as kayaks, paddleboards, and a lily pad for everyone to use.
- Back to School Night will be 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 2. This adults-only night is an opportunity for parents to meet teachers, enjoy delicious food from the Groovy Greek food truck, purchase books at the week-long book fair, grab your spirit wear, and mingle with fellow Sessions parents.
Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools
- FOPBSS needs your help to set all students and teachers up for success. Show your support by donating to the annual contribution drive, one of the few opportunities to directly fund important programs at PBMS and MBHS. From field trips and teacher grants to campus improvements, the money helps make better schools. Visit fopbss.org/donate to make either a one-time or monthly donation or return the yellow donation envelope that was sent home to the teachers or front office.