All City of San Diego administrative offices will be closed on Friday, July 3 in observance of the Fourth of July holiday.
TRASH PICKUP AND DISPOSAL
Curbside trash, recyclables and yard waste will be collected on a normal schedule this week for customers served by the City’s Environmental Services Department. This schedule is for City of San Diego residents only. Residents in other cities should check with their waste hauler for holiday service schedules.
The City’s Miramar Landfill will be on its normal schedule on Friday, July 3, from 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Self-haul customers are not accepted after 4 p.m. The landfill will be closed Saturday, July 4.
Torrey Pines, Mission Bay and Balboa Park golf courses will be open normal hours on Friday and Saturday. Holiday rates will apply. All City skate parks will be open.
All public buildings in Balboa Park will be closed, including: Balboa Park Activity Center, Botanical Building, Casa del Prado, Municipal Gym and War Memorial Building. Check with other individual museums and attractions for their holiday schedules.
City of San Diego reservoirs, except Barrett, will be open a half-hour before sunrise to sunset. Chollas Lake will be open 6:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Parking meters, time restrictions for parking on streets and yellow zones within the City of San Diego will not be enforced. Red, white and blue zones are still enforced every day. Parking rules on Port of San Diego property and in different cities may vary so please read signage provided.
Additional closures within the City of San Diego on Friday, July 3:
• Library pickup service.
• The City’s refuse/recyclables container sales office on Miramar Place.
• Open Space and Maintenance Assessment District Offices.
• The Testing, Employment Information Center and Background/Fingerprinting offices within the Personnel Department.
• The Family Justice Center. Individuals needing help related to domestic violence should call 9-1-1 and/or the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-888-385-4657.
• Police and Fire-Rescue emergency crews will not be impacted.
• Station 38, the citywide emergency dispatch center, will be on duty.
City library buildings, recreation centers and pools are closed due to the COVID-19 public health order. To learn more about the City's response to the pandemic, visit sandiego.gov/coronavirus.