All City of San Diego administrative offices will be closed on Monday, Sept. 7, for the Labor Day federal holiday.
Trash Pickup and Disposal
Curbside trash, recyclables and yard waste will not be collected on Monday, Sept. 7, for customers served by the City’s Environmental Services Department. There will be a one-day delay all week, with Monday’s routes being collected on Tuesday, Tuesday’s routes being collected on Wednesday, and so on. Residents in other cities should check with their waste hauler for holiday service schedules.
The City’s Miramar Landfill will be closed on Monday, Sept. 7.
Torrey Pines, Mission Bay and Balboa Park golf courses will be open normal hours on Monday. Holiday rates will apply. All City skate parks will be open.
All public buildings in Balboa Park will be closed, including the Balboa Park Activity Center, Botanical Building, Casa del Prado, Municipal Gym and War Memorial Building. Check with other individual museums and attractions for their holiday schedules.
City of San Diego reservoirs, except Barrett, will be open a half-hour before sunrise to sunset. Chollas Lake will be open 6:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Parking meters, time restrictions for parking on streets and yellow zones within the City of San Diego will not be enforced. Red, white and blue zones are still enforced every day. Parking rules on Port of San Diego property and in different cities may vary so please read posted signage.
Additional closures within the City of San Diego on Monday, Sept. 7:
• Library pickup service.
• City pools.
• The City’s refuse/recyclables container sales office on Miramar Place.
• Open Space and Maintenance Assessment District Offices.
• The Testing, Employment Information Center and Background/Fingerprinting offices within the Personnel Department.
• The Family Justice Center. Individuals needing help related to domestic violence should call 9-1-1 and/or the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-888-385-4657.
• Police and Fire-Rescue emergency crews will not be impacted.
• Station 38, the citywide emergency dispatch center, will be on duty.
City library buildings and recreation centers are closed due to the COVID-19 public health order. To learn more about the City's response to the pandemic, visit sandiego.gov/coronavirus.