All of the exciting canine action kicks-off on Friday, June 11, 2010, with the second annual Purina Incredible Surf Dog competition at Dog Beach at the north end of Ocean Beach. Dogs of all shapes, sizes and abilities will show off their unique talents as they catch some waves and try to take home the title of “Most Incredible Surf Dog.”
Additionally, as the world turns its attention to the soccer tournament in South Africa, the San Diego Sockers professional indoor soccer team will join up with the Soccer Collies, a local team of soccer-playing dogs for a special exhibition on the Purina Incredible Dog Challenge field at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
Local dogs have the opportunity to qualify to participate in two of the events – dog diving and freestyle flying disc. Qualifying is open to all dogs from around the San Diego area who want to try and dive for distance into a 19,000-gallon pool of water or catch a flying disc with great accuracy and speed. Top qualifiers win the chance to demonstrate their skills during the competition on June 12.
• Qualifying Registration for Dog Diving and Freestyle Flying Disc – June 11, 9 a.m.
• Open Qualifying for Dog Diving (Del Mar Fairgrounds) – June 11, 10:30 a.m.
• Open Qualifying, Freestyle Flying Disc Competition (Del Mar Fairgrounds)-June 11, 11:30 a.m.
• San Diego Sockers / Soccer Collies Exhibition – June 11, 2 p.m.
• Purina Incredible Dog Challenge Competition (Del Mar Fairgrounds) – June 12, 11:25 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• All other events: Del Mar Fairgrounds; 2260
Jimmy Durante Blvd., Del Mar, Calif.
The San Diego County Fair is the largest annual event in San Diego County and the sixth largest fair in the United States, drawing more than 1.2 million visitors each year.
Further information on the Purina Incredible Dog Challenge and full schedule go to www.petcentric.com